Monday, January 17, 2011

Practice

I just came back from basketball practice at Smith Park right now, and I gotta say, that was one of the craziest practices ever. Not because of the games or drills or anything, it was because of the temperature. I mean, the sun was so bright when I tried to look up and shoot, all I could see was the blazing glare of the sun. Today must've at least reached a high of 90 degrees. To make things a lot worse, we had to run, like take laps and jump and all that stuff. Getting a water break was the only thing on my mind, and when coach finally called it, I was rejoicing. That is, until I found out my water was now warm. And if you want to know one thing about me. I. Hate. Warm. Water.

I couldn't wait until practice was over, for once, because I love basketball. But this day was different, this day was chaotic, where we didn't get to go in the gym because school was closed. It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day, if you don't know. So, at the end we got to scrimmage with a bunch of people that usually hung out at the park, and we didn't even know them. Funny thing, they probably stayed there everyday for hours on end, but when we played a scrimmage against them, we beat them flat. I'm not trying to be cocky here, but what I'm trying to say is we practiced well, and it showed. They were also at least in high school, or at least their height showed it. When coach finally told us we could go, I rushed home and drunk two cups of cold water. Finally, something that I liked. And of course, when you have a bad, hot, chaotic day at the park running fifteen laps and sweating like a dog, nothing beats a cold shower.

One thing was good about the practice though, it kept me away from boredom. I mean, I am dead bored right now, and the only thing that's stopping me from going berserk is from typing this, I wonder what'll happen when I'm done. Eh...maybe I'll just go hang out with my cousins or go to the mall, either way, it's something I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment